In every film-lover’s life, there is this mysterious entity called “the Watchlist”, which is basically the list of movies that a person wants to watch, whether it’s for the first time or not, in the near future. I have always had a rather large watchlist; I am not a perfect movie enthusiast, and I haven’t seen some movies which I really should have already seen. My Watchlist would make some people cry over the amazing films that I am missing out on currently. But that’s what the list is for: so I can watch them.
The Watchlist feature on IMDb has made managing my ever-growing watchlist much easier, but having a watchlist is no good if you don’t watch the movies on it. So, I’ve decided to use this blog as my inspiration; I’m going to pick 10 very different films on my watchlist, and I have to watch them. As I watch, I will write and post a review of each of them on this blog, and when I’ve finished those ten films, I’ll pick 10 more. Most of them are catch up entries on my list, because some of the movies on my list aren’t out yet. So here is my first list of ten films:
Good Will Hunting – Robin Williams’ Oscar winning performance is the main reason behind watching this film, as well as it brilliant script.The review is up now!
- Month Python and the Holy Grail – I can already hear you saying ‘I can’t believe you haven’t seen it!’ Neither can I, and I want to fix that.
- Her – a movie about AI love. What’s not to like? Plus, it won Best Screenplay at its Oscars, and it has Scarlett Johansson, who I love, so it must be good.
- Batman Begins – I have yet to start Christopher Nolan’s spectacular trilogy, but I’ve been meaning to watch it for ages.
Inception – another Nolan entry, I’ve been told this is one of his best, most mind trippy movies. I’m excited to see what happens.– check out my review!
- Gone Girl – apart from my love of Rosamund Pike, I really want to see this because I desperately want to know what happens; and yes, I do realise that I could just read the book.
Guardians of the Galaxy – I’ve been meaning to watch this for ages! Pretty much everyone thought it was brilliant, and I think this will be one of the more fun movies I watch as part of this list.Done and dusted – review is posted!
- Pulp Fiction – even I can’t believe I haven’t seen this film. I’m in love with Quentin Tarantino purely because of his personality at the moment (I haven’t actually seen any of his films – I know how bad that is), but I feel like this is a good place to start when watching his films.
Capote – I’d like to watch this because of Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s Oscar winning performance as the writer; the story of the Breakfast at Tiffany’s novelist’s life is also quite fascinating…The review is posted – have a read!
- Up – I’ve seen bits and pieces but never the whole film in one go. Pixar is one of my true loves, and I know my love affair with the company simply isn’t complete without a big floating house.
As I watch these movies, I’ll post reviews and let you know what I think, and cross them off the list as I go. I’m really excited just to be able to watch such fantastic films and make a proper start on my Watchlist- I can’t wait to start!